Attention all Mobileezy users: If you are planning to move from MYOB Account Right desktop version to MYOB in the Cloud, here’s some information that you really must read before you make the decision!
A New Mobileezy Database:
Moving to MYOB in the Cloud will result in the creation of a new MYOB datafile, which in turn will require you to have a new Mobileezy database. This is because the internal reference ID in your new Cloud-based MYOB company file will be different to you existing Mobileezy database and old MYOB company file (see "Isn't my MYOB file the same" section below).
Creating a new Mobileezy database will mean that your sales history and Mobileezy setup will not be available to you when you switch to the Cloud. If you have any of the following settings in Mobileezy, you will need to replicate them in your new datafile:
- Special Pricing and Discounts
- Price Levels
- Users and Profiles
- System Settings
- Head Offices
- Shipping Methods
- Payment Types
- Barcodes and Units of Measure
- Item Properties
- Stock Locations
This can be a time-consuming process. So, before you make the transition, ask yourself if the benefits of an MYOB Cloud system are worth the pain of setting everything up again! A few things to consider in the decision-making process:
Why isn't my MYOB file the same?
- When you move your MYOB accounting into the Cloud, it may appear on the surface that your accounting file hasn't changed. You still have the same customers, suppliers and items and you may even have all the invoices and bills available in the new Cloud file. The records even have the same card IDs, item codes, invoice numbers and purchase order numbers. For all intents and purposes, the data appears to be the same.
- While it all appears to be the same, the process of moving from one system to another creates a new file, and with it new internal reference numbers for your customers, employees, items and prices etc. These internal references are what the program uses to talk to itself about records, and also what it uses to talk to Mobileezy. So, for example, in your MYOB Classic File customer Joe Bloggs may have had an internal reference number of 5, but in your new Cloud file Joe Bloggs has an internal reference number of 25. A different customer, Mary Smith, has now been allocated the internal reference number of 5. And here starts the confusion!
- Mobileezy gets all the internal references for the customers from MYOB. So, if the existing datafile was linked directly to the new Cloud file, and you raised an invoice in Mobileezy for Joe Bloggs it would now be linked to Mary Smith when you exported it to MYOB Cloud. In addition to this, the items on the invoice may be completely wrong too.
- Before moving MYOB to the Cloud, it is important that you do some careful planning and consideration. Needless to say your accountant or book keeper will help you with the accounts, but they may not consider the implications that changes to your accounting system will have on your Mobileezy installation.
- If you do make the switch, make sure that you speak to us well in advance so that we can guide you through the process and book you in for a redeployment.
- Creating a new Mobileezy database and linking it to your new MYOB Cloud accounting file effectively requires the Mobileezy software to be redeployed. This is a process similar to that which was completed when Mobileezy was initially deployed to your desktop or handheld. It usually takes between 1 and 4 hours (depending on the complexity of the installation and the number of users), and is billed at an hourly rate of $150 (ex GST).
- Please note that this is a service not covered by ActiveCare, PremiumAssist or BasicAssist support plans.
As you can see, there are a few things to consider before jumping into the Cloud! Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 03 9548 9114 or email@example.com if you have any questions regarding moving over to MYOB in the Cloud.